9/24/2008 3:10 PM
Why Is Search Engine Marketing So Crucial?
When users search on the web using keywords, the search engines will provide a list of ordered results. This list can feature a number of websites ranging from just a dozen to many thousands. There are literally thousands of online search tools available worldwide, but most of these are very small and little used.
Search engine marketing therefore focuses on the mainstream search engines and directories that index millions of individual web pages and which generate the greatest volume of traffic.
The most important search engines and directories include:
AOL Web Sites
Below are a few facts which should leave you in no doubt that search engine marketing should form an integral part of every web promotion strategy.
- 93% of consumers worldwide use search engines to find and access websites.
Source: Forrester Research
- 57% of internet users search the web every day and 46% of those searches are for product information or services.
- Attracting a loyal audience to your website is best achieved through top search engine listings.
Source: Forrester Research Media Field Study
- 85% of qualified Internet traffic is driven through search engines, however 75% of search engine users never scroll past the first page of results.
Source: Seventh WWW User Survey - Georgia Institute of Technology
- Users looking for products on-line are far more likely to type the product name into a search engine (28%) rather than go into an engine's "shopping" channel (5%) or click on banner ads (4%)
Source: March 2001 Jupiter Media Metrix and NPD
Benefits of Search Engine Marketing can be achieved only by forming some form of SEM campaign. It is very important for your company's marketing approach over the web. Search Engine Marketing is the most valuable and profitable way of reaching the high profit margins using the internet as a marketing tool. Survey's show that 93% of consumers worldwide use search engines to find and access websites. To make your business more successful online, you need to start a search engine marketing campaign.
Companies that are serious about earning a share of the internet market should be committed to securing high rankings for the keywords or phrases that relate to the products and services that they offer
The best way to ensure a solid return on your website investment is to employ the services of a search engine marketing company with a proven track record of success, knowledge of current and cutting edge SEO skills, and experience working with the business community.